Hi, all …
Some news :
After a makeshift repair … my AS5002T is on again … (no idea for how long)
after a long time to recover as I can (my external backup are also out)
Octoprint 1.4 and new APKG will be ready for delivery
… add multi-user; multi-printer at same time; multi-webcam; multi-python support (2 and 3) … so a more versatile approach with a better usage of the power available with a NAS.
myHD restart of the new version (hopefully I have not lost my mind)
… replace Asportal by a more versatile interface BUT keep running Asportal Applications WITHOUT any change AND add support for LOT of applications requesting a top bar and using desktop button (like close, minimize, etc.) support also multi-tasks.
For your information, I am not in my home & lab … due to coronavirus I am confined at 600 kms of my lab (but with VPN) and can’t go back for the moment in France.
So be patient and keep you protected.
Long delay from my last post … sorry
I fall in lot of problems associated to Asportal (too limited / minimalist Windows Manager (Evilwm)) and the lack of document about remote control (even workaround exist).
I have decide to change my strategy :
… Quit Evilwm to use Openbox (light also but very configurable)
… … adding decoration and top buttons, solve problem with lot of applications.
… Add task bar / systray to support application with background task
… Add an Icon Desktop Interface (GUI) to keep partially a view “like Asportal” to select and launch application
… Support WITHOUT change Asportal existing applications
… Support also myHD applications as well
… Support new myHD applications needing new desktop environment
BUT without changing Asustor Xorg, to don’t have to manage each series / models .
I have a running environment, and works on packaging them in myHD as an extension to actual myHD.
I hope to be able to propose Beta in few weeks (1 or 2 even I have some travel to do … so perhaps 3 or 4).
myHD 1.0.1 is available on Asustor Forum
… Solve a problem with some A.D.M. version generating an error at myHD start ( ‘0’ is not a valid user )
… Add support for shared resource (to share with myHD) with name containing space and some special characters, this is solved in command line and in the WebUI, BUT please use as possible folder name without special characters and for space you can use “_” .
… Update “myHD Web Store” management to show you ONLY companion APKG (MHxxxx) compatible with the Ubuntu version used (16.04 or 18.04 (default now)).
… updating or uninstall / reinstall (using AppCentral) myHD keep your Ubuntu env., software, personal settings and data.
ONLY using internal myHD command is able to really remove all.
… using “myHD Web Store” for installing companion APKG do a replacement/update, if APKG is already installed and a fresh install if not.
After a … long delay myHD 1.0 is now available for fresh install or update
Rewrite of ~ 1000 lines of code (new and update)
1) rewrite of kernel modules management
2) Adding color in WebUI to have a better output and to be compliant with command line tool.
3) Add internal AUTORUN mechanism. If Autorun is not configured in Asportal then myHD autorun will be used if defined (added also in WebUI) this AUTORUN is to avoid race condition due to start of Asportal autorun before myHD was started.
4) Add basic myHD companion applications store, you can now list from my Web site, the list of ALL MH-xxx, MH16-xxx or MH18-xxx application available for myHD (no need to search in the Forum). You can also download and install them directly (Enable/Disable/Remove stay in App. Center) this function exist in myHD command line and WebUI.
5) MAJOR change now myHD use it’s own linux loader and libc (Asustor delivery have some missing namespace functions), THIS OPEN the change in point 6.
6) MAJOR change now enter as root or user in myHD is done by default using namespace attach function, ssh is keep for compatibility and for some very few command requiring a tty (even workaround is easy). THIS open lot of new possibilities including the use of sudo or su to root user from astr user. New command myHD_root_ssh and myHD_user_ssh have been added.
7) A new Jinit mode is possible BUT ONLY for Ubuntu 18.04 experts, this mode replace chroot starting a bash script (actual mode) by starting a true full systemd init … it’s in ALPHA only for a problem with audio, I think it’s my fault, but I don’t identify it for now.
Switching to init mode or reverse to bash mode don’t break your Ubuntu and no more your applications … BUT I repeat it’s only an ALPHA version, all start as expected, but audio.
8) as usual I try to solve lot of small bugs
Download will be available on Asustor forum
After a long time, I come back for some news
myHD new in v. 1.0
— solve some bugs (ex. if ssh keys are already existing)
— Add a new auto run mechanism internal to myHD to avoid problem with Asportal one, can works only if NO auto run application is defined in Asportal.
— ADD new approach to launch applications in myHD WITHOUT ssh, but using direct name space enter reattach method. This require to forgot libc provide by Asustor (old and incomplete) and use private libraries (totally transparent for users)
— ADD a Beta (for 18.04 version) to stop using simple bash chroot in myHD to move to a FULL Ubuntu 18.04 init using systemd for myHD, This resolve lot of problems attached to limitations ex. actually su or sudo is not possible from astr user (standard non root user) … now it’s possible, so Now you can manage myHD from MH-test APKG (X terminal) and use su to be root.
Actually the PPA repository used by myHD is :
ppa:team-xbmc/unstable , you can check by the command (as myHD_root)
apt-cache policy | grep team-xbmc
To be able to move to Kodi19 you must change to NIGHTLY PPA
You can try a Kodi update or a new fresh install after removing actual Kodi
IMPORTANT you don’t lost your settings …
do (at you risk)
add-apt-repository -r ppa: team-xbmc/unstable
with 1804 : apt-get remove kodi
apt-get upgrade or
with 1804 : apt-get install kodi
ATTENTION your addons are not updated automatically
AT ANY TIME YOU CAN REVERT BACK (doing same but with removing kodi)
This update :
… solve minor bugs and clean code
… ADD a new functionality (beta) to be able to add temporary folder to myHD dynamically WITHOUT need to restart myHD (temporary, because it is not keep after a restart of myHD ).
… … The target is for ex. to have access to a new USB key (or disk) connected to the NAS … Asustor generate a mount in /share (unfortunately with generic name (not label)) … so now you can ADD this new share without restarting myHD .
… … I used sshfs ; so this imply :
… … … in A.D.M. to have ssh / sftp configured (any port)
… … … in myHD (1604 env.) to install sshfs (already done in 18.04 env.)
… … … do : myHD_root /usr/bin/apt-get -y install sshfs before using this new functionality.
Just for your information (even without interest) … I have been stopped in my works by a “hard” disease … I just be back .. and hope to be able to restart at end of this week (May 1 2019).
Sorry for delay and inconvenience.
N.B. I will delete this information message when I will really restart all ..
Welcome to my Blog … it’s under construction
All about my news (APKG / Tips & Tricks / etc.)